Friday, July 16, 2010

Mocha Oreo




...or possibly renamed Mississippi Mud? HOLY YUMMINESS! These are a chocolate cupcake base with added coffee extract and crunched up Oreos, some frosted with coffee buttercream and the rest with mocha buttercream. Wowza! I've enjoyed every flavor I've made so far, but this coffee frosting is by far my favorite creation! I'm so excited about it. The mocha frosting this time around is better, too, because I added less chocolate to it so the mocha-ness shines through better.

I also tried the one decorating tip I hadn't used last time, which is just a plain round hole...I love it! I feel like it gave me a lot more control and just really comes out looking like a mountain of deliciousness. It gives me a few options for style, too--swirly mountain, "dab," flat swirls, zig-zags, and "dots," though I only used the swirly mountain and dab methods this time. I'm really happy with how these came out and they look beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment