Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Apple Cider


Sorry I've been lax about updating--I've been leaving a lot of cupcakes unfrosted for breakfasts and making a lot of the same flavors, so they haven't been real photo-worthy. However, these need their own post!

I've been pondering a few "innovations" in my recipes and Apple Cider cupcakes were the first one I decided to go for. It required more than just swapping around some extracts and I wasn't sure how they'd come out, but WOW! They were delicious and came out perfect. I topped them with some apple icing and they were a wonderful fall breakfast for several days! The icing sunk into the cupcakes a bit, but I think the melted butter was too warm in the icing and next time I'll let it cool a bit in the fridge.

I'm looking forward to trying some other new creations!

1 comment: